Thursday, November 8, 2007

Dionne's "Better-Late-Than-Never" Spooky TRUE Scary Halloween Stories

"A Spooky Saturday Morning"
It was early one Saturday morning when I was about twelve or thirteen living at our old house in Georgia. The light came shining through the windows, but no one was awake yet; everyone was sleeping in. I had awoken to a feeling like someone was playing with my hair. I opened my eyes, but nobody was in the room. I looked over at Rikki (about 3 or 4 years old, sharing my room), and she still slept. The rustling on my head continued! I could feel someone playing with my hair. I thought, "Maybe there is a ghost in here!!" I was too scared to sit up, too scared to roll over, too scared to move. After several minutes, I finally got up the courage to look behind me, and Jess' hamster was crawling on my head! We never figured out how it climbed out of its cage, off of Jess' dresser, down the hall, up onto my bed and then onto my HEAD! I about had a heart attack.

"Tapping at Twilight"
One Friday night in Georgia, Jenny and I decided that we wanted to sleep outside on our family's boat parked on the basketball court behind our house. We thought it would be fun to climb underneath the cover on the boat and sleep in it like it was a tent! We put on our pajamas, brought our stereo and popcorn, and towed along our pillows and blankets and flashlight. We were giggling as usual, talking and laughing and telling all kinds of shocking teenage stories when we heard a "tap-tap-tap" coming from outside in the dark. We paused in our conversation for a minute and asked, "Did you hear that?" Continuing our talking and laughter, we paused again when we heard a little louder, "Tap-Tap-Tap," this time more audible than before. This time we nervously laughed and simultaneously whispered, "DiONNE! JENny!" We sat there silently for a few minutes and then continued our whispering. Neither of us had the courage to get outside of the boat to see what was making the noise. The tapping stopped, but after a minute, it started again. I was designated to climb out of the boat cover to find out where the sound was coming from. I took out my flashlight and peered out into the night, but the flashlight was too bright to see any surrounding areas. I had to turn it off! The sound came louder and more rhythmically than before! "TAP-TAP-TAP!" I climbed back inside the boat and made Jenny come out into to the night with me. The night was dark except for the moon and stars in the sky and the light shining off the corner of the house. Crickets chirped endlessly surrounding us, and we could feel the humidity envelope us as we leaped down to the warm pavement below. We clung to each other, laughing nervously and about to pee our pants!! "TAP! TAP! TAP!" We couldn't see where the noise was coming from. It wasn't the wind- there was no wind. It was coming from the front side of the boat. We tiptoed closer, squinting in the dark, when the tapping stopped, and from underneath the boat in deathly silence rang out, "BOO!" In a quiet moment of sheer terror, Jess almost lost his life to two screaming, dancing, laughing, crying teenage girls.


2 comments:

  1. Dionne, I love the stories, you should be a writer. I laughed and laughed. I can just picture you two girls.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh,my word. I was laughing so hard. Good work!! I loved the pictures and I am glad to hear the second stop was just as fun as the first. Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete