Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Overheard:

I had just finished explaining to the girls what Dallas does at work. I explained to them that when you buy stocks, it's like owning part of a business. This is what I overheard a few minutes later:

Raleigh: "I work for E*Trade. Where do you work?"
Madeline: "I work at a fancy old shop- I OWN IT!!"

Raleigh: "O-oh!"
Madeline: "But if I want to own another business, I'LL CALL YOU!"

So here we are in Alpharetta, Georgia. Our third move since April. After looking unsuccessfully for permanent employment in Virginia Beach after some of his classes ended at Regent University, Dallas began working for E*Trade again- this time in Georgia. We stayed with my parents in Peachtree City while looking for a place to live, and six weeks later . . . WE ARE HERE! (That hour-and-a-half commute was a killer!)

But we loved Virginia Beach and hated to leave. Sniffle.
And then we loved Peachtree City. Sniffle. But it was time to leave.
And now we are loving Alpharetta. SMILE!
Maybe we are happy just to stop living out of suitcases.

7 comments:

  1. We are happy for you to be in a place where you can "settle" at least for a while, and for Dallas to not have to endure that commute.

    We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is about time that you update us!! How are the girls adjusting for school?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fiiiiiinally you update us! You seriously owe me a phone call, sista!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phew! I hope you are finally getting settled. Hope the girls are doing well with all the adjusting. Good luck with the new place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait....so now you are leaving Alpharetta? I'm so confused. Not to mention the fact that I am going into withdrawl because I haven't heard any of your kids' funnies lately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aren't we the lucky ones! Can't wait to see you again soon and it's only 1 1/2 hours away!! Yeah us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We miss you too! But I'm so happy for you that you are finally setteled in for the winter! ;) I hope all is well and you are doing well! We miss seeing you! sniff sniff.

    ReplyDelete