Thursday, November 12, 2009

R.I.P., My Dearest



Dearest water bottle
Of my early-married life,
I've drunken from your waters
E'er since I became a wife.

You've traveled 'cross the country
Wherever I did go
To Virginia Beach and Malibu
And Utah in the snow.

But now we've moved to Georgia
And your parts are wearing thin.
I'll take a little sip and find
Your fibers on my chin.

I'm sad I must replace you
With a giant Nascar cup
But we all need some white trash
In our life, so FILL 'ER UP!



Sniffle.

4 comments:

  1. You know what your little diddies remind me of? This book called "........wait. I forgot what it's called. But it's a memoir of this mom who entered all these contests to write jingles and such for different products and basically paid for all her kids to live and eat and go to school, etc. Anyway- my very poorly delivered point here is that I think you are incredibly clever. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! That is my therapy water bottle!!!! I'm so sad. I think I'm going to cry now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your poems! Love the new NASCAR mug, baby! Fill 'er up and drink 'er down!

    ReplyDelete