Friday, February 19, 2010

Frugality at Its Finest: the Bathrooms

I would like to introduce the newest addition to our home:
I have wanted a new shower curtain ever since a certain special someone accidentally bleached our other one a couple of years ago. Not able to bring myself to spend $30 or more on one I don't really like, I decided to make one myself.

Thinking it would be an easy project, I did not put up an outer shower curtain in the bathroom when we moved here, hoping to motivate myself to get it done! And a couple of weeks ago . . . after five months of procrastination . . . I vowed to "not take another shower" until I had finished.

Ahem. Two greasy days later . . . and now it is HERE! I would like to thank Down East Home for providing me with a cheapy West Elm discontinued duvet cover for the fabric. I have a bunch left if anyone wants some.

My next picture shows part of the girls' bathroom (aka "Choobs' Bedroom). This part was furnished on a dime from a great garage sale, without the aforementioned self-sacrifice. We've got:

Toile Picture: $1.00
French Plaque: $3.00 (total rip-off)
Pink Linen Shower Curtain: $3.00
(Glass Hooks: $10.00 from Target)


Is anyone else excited for garage sale season to start???

10 comments:

  1. I love the shower curtain. Got to love good deals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be ready for garage sale season if I could find great steals like you did! Way to go! The shower curtain is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Dionne! I knew you could do it...and sorry about the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that fabric. Congrats on getting it done. I am so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I love it! How much fabric do you have left?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! I'm so glad to know my kid is not the only one that sleeps in the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go Dionne--it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a cute shower curtain! Love the decorating you do. I need your help.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH, I'm dying for Garage Sale season to start- seriously, I love it- I'm a die hard fan!

    ReplyDelete