Monday, March 29, 2010

Dearest Jenny


(It's terrible how tired we both look in this picture, but I had just arrived after a 4 hour road trip to Nashville + a temple session + Dramamine, and she had just finished watching our kids for 3 hours!) But I digress . . .

Dearest Jenny,

This summer I need you to come down to see me so that we can lay out on the roof of my parents' house and get really burned! I mean tan!

And then we will check to see if Rikki is taking a nap, and if she is, we can do swan dives on top of her, giggling like wild hyenas!

Don't worry! I'll make my famous popcorn, and we can drink red Kool-Aid and have vanilla ice cream with chocolate chips in it!

Then let's spend the night out on the basketball court in the boat. I promise Jess won't scare us. He'll be in Bangkok! (Right where we need him - on the other side of the world!!)

Then in the morning, we'll go boating with Nate and company and do some amazing tubing tricks. And some other unmentionable things that will be sworn in a pact of secrecy to outlast even one more summer! (Okay, maybe we'll tell our husbands. If they won't tell!)

Really, please come! I miss your LAUGH!

And maybe we can jump on the trampoline with Jo, too . . .

Love,

Dionne

2 comments:

  1. What a pair you two are...what you should really do is have a movie night and watch your amazing adventures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now if that didn't take me back to the "good ol' days", then I don't know what will- ah- such sweet, sweet memories.
    I need to still blog about that day- it's still on my "to do" list! We loved having you come visit- I hope you can do it again soon! Y'all come back now ya here and yes, when can we spend a lazy summer day together doing NOTHING? One day . . .

    ReplyDelete