Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Miss Grouchy Pants

Some days I equate a clean house with feeling appreciated. "I have spent my day making the house shine, and when all of you people keep it that way, I feel like you care," I say subconsciously to myself. So when evening rolled around, and my shining cottage had turned into the county dump, I was a little . . . er . . . grouchy.

I had tempting thoughts like, "If I stopped doing what I do, maybe they'd APPRECIATE ME MORE around this place," and, "If I just act mad, they'll jump up and start cleaning up clutter!" I tried both for a few minutes, and neither worked. Darn my girly emotions sometimes!!

The worst mess was in the girls' (a.k.a. Raleigh and Madeline's) closet. There were mini-mountains of papers. Some were folded, some were crumpled, and some lay strewn about the floor, seeping out the door. Yuck! I told myself that I would not touch their stinkin' mess.

Yet in the morning when I walked past the ruins that used to be their bedroom, I decided to at least go in there and get everything off of the floor. Which I did. And then I proceeded to the closet with a trash bag (because let's face it - most of their treasures are really trash, and the best time to purge is when they are at school and know nothing about it.)

Here is just a fraction of what I, Miss Grouchy Pants, found:
Dear Raleigh,
If we make up our own club, we should make a art club. We should let anyone come in.
Love, Madeline

Dear Madeline,
I hope you feel better. Here are some suggestions if you don't feel well.
1. Read the Friend
2. Read the scriptures.
3. Sing songs out of your hymn book.
I know one of them will work.
Love, Raleigh

Dear Raleigh,
I love how you are so nice to me.
Love, Madeline
(Sharing Barbies)

A note to Kensington from Raleigh:
Hello, How are you today? Would you like a glass of milk?

I love you, Raleigh. You are so fun to play with. I love how you teach me how to build LEGO houses. Have a good day!
Love, Madeline

Madeline and Dallas,
Don't forget gymnastics starts on Monday!
(from Raleigh, who wants to teach gymnastics to anyone who will take lessons from someone who has never had a lesson)

Raleigh made a gymnastics class schedule for the family. You can see what days we are scheduled for and what we'll be learning.

Dear Madeline,
We love you and hope you get your chores done.
Mom, Dad, Raleigh, Choobs
(Raleigh)

Please come to our play this coming Saturday at the Matthews' house. Refreshments afterwards. The play is called Peace Out on Pie.
(Raleigh)


Dear Raleigh,
I hope you have a good day at church.
(Madeline)

After sifting through the "garbage," Miss Grouchy Pants became Miss Emotional and Miss Repentant Pants, and now their treasures are in safe-keeping, right where they belong.

P.S.- If anyone wants to know what to get these girls for Christmas, a ream of paper will do.

5 comments:

  1. I love this! They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute notes! What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing the thoughts of such loving and wise girls. I know exactly where they learned to be that way. Just picture Grandma tearing up at the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were right about tearing up!! They are BOTH wise beyond their years...Your girls are amazing because they have such amazing parents. Love you ALL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously- amazing and talented girls who are so creative and full of life! You guys are definitely doing something right!

    ReplyDelete