Thursday, December 16, 2010

Funnies from Raleigh

Tonight I was editing a book report of Raleigh's. For part of her assignment, she was supposed to tell how she could relate to the character. She wrote, "I can relate to the character because I like my dad better than my mom, too." (sniffle) . . . She came into the room where I was looking over her assignment. I began smiling, and she knew why! She said, "Don't feel bad, Mom, it's just my mood right now."

A couple of months ago Raleigh was having a difficult time sleeping because she was having scary thoughts. I asked her to pull out her scriptures and read them to help her feel better and have more uplifting thoughts. She groaned, "Oh, Mom! Why do they have to be so RELIGIOUS?"

Another night Raleigh was having a meltdown at the dinner table about whether the very last taco she was supposed to be splitting with her sister was a half or a fourth of a taco. (Because it HAD to be exactly right.) Later we were practicing fractions with Madeline, and Raleigh walked by us. I said (in jest), "I bet Raleigh knows the answer to this one! What is a fourth of a taco plus a fourth of a taco??" Without missing a beat, she quipped, "A FIGHT!"

4 comments:

  1. I wouldn't feel to bad. I am the meany in the house too. Frank is the fun one. Frank is the one who lets them get off punishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raleigh is one smart cookie, and quick witted too! We love hearing of the cute things the girls do and say! Thanks for posting. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That made me laugh and feel a little sad, but man you gotta love 'em!

    ReplyDelete