Friday, January 20, 2012

One of Our Best Family Days of 2011 - Part Deux

After leaving the Folk life Festival on Labor Day, we drove up into the mountains to Anna Ruby Falls. We felt refreshed in our air-conditioned car, drinking our ice water, and sitting down. And when we got out of the car in the mountains, we felt ready for adventure!

What is fun to me about being a parent is watching our children experience adventure. And all of the beautiful scenery was brand-new to Emery. Each of the girls were animated and excited, and I couldn't take enough pictures.

I could kiss those squishy cheeks all day.


Aren't these two getting big? I think they'll both be taller than me.

And there's a handsome chap!


Precious big sister!


They love taking care of Emery.



And posing for pictures.



I think we're beginning to look like each other.

We almost had a family picture!

Downhill is always fun!

A few more poses.



I was this close to capturing a timeless pose from Dallas. He's probably glad I didn't! But this is what was left of it.

We drove down to Helen, ate a few burgers, and headed home! Such a great family day.

No comments:

Post a Comment