Monday, August 3, 2009

Lying through My Teeth (Pun Intended)

Last night we had the missionaries over for dinner. I think that's the first time we've EVER hosted the missionaries at our house since we've been married. (Probably because this is our first time living outside of Utah since we've been married.) It was so refreshing! These elders are a stellar companionship, and we felt so enriched by their presence. They had us laughing so hard at the dinner table - I couldn't get over how funny they were together - just a great match.

I randomly made a funfetti layered cake for dessert, and then one of the elders told us that it was the other one's 20th birthday the next day, so we turned it into a birthday cake for him. We dug out the candles and sang him all of the birthday songs in the Primary Songbook a cappella. It was lovely. He couldn't figure out how we knew it was his birthday; he kept asking us, and we wouldn't tell him! (It really did seem planned out with the whole cake thing.) He asked me, "Did you really make this cake for my birthday?" I smiled and said, "Ab-suh-LUTELY!" (Is it okay to lie to missionaries?) Here are some pictures:




I love the play-by-play effect. You had to be there. It was the best.

Post-dinner and missionary-deceiving, I came down with a migraine. (I was due for one. I was surprised it actually took this long to come. But it came.) And my mix of potions wasn't working so well, but I invited Dallas and the girls to come have FHE on the bed with me while I laid on my face with my sheep-eyes on. (My sheep-eyes are the best white elephant gift I've ever gotten. They're from April. They're awesome. And they keep the light OUT and the darkness IN.)

Before FHE started, Dallas was performing the nightly brushing & flossing ritual. Raleigh said to him, "Look how wiggly my tooth is, Dad." And he said, "Wow, that IS really wiggly, Raleigh! You should just pull it out." And then, DOINK. She pulled it out. And here is the picture he took:
You can still see the blood on her fingers- yikes! (And she prefers to KEEP her teeth lately, instead of leave them for the tooth fairy because "they are special" to her. I don't know how long we can keep that up.)

5 comments:

  1. awww- that is so cute! you probably made that elder's whole mission! I love when we have a good strong companionship in our ward. We love having the missionaries for dinner...when they're cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To bad I'm getting to old for missionaries because he was just so cute. Looks like a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is HILARIOUS!! the whole thing. at least you don't have to pay Raleigh anymore, right?! I MISS YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, that tooth finally fell out! Sorry you got a migraine...we sure miss you guys. I LOVE the whole missionary story...we have really great ones right now too. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll say it again - Raleigh is going to be a great dentist when she grows up!

    ReplyDelete