Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Dal

He woke up early and rode his bike a few miles to the starting line . . .
Where he swam, biked, and ran . . .

And we cheered him in again as he won the neighborhood-buddies-triathlon! And retained in his possession the golden chain.

These were the participants:

That's my Dal! (Pardon the grainy pictures.)

It was a wonderful birthday weekend! We threw him (pardon the pun) a Football Party. Madeline made a sign that said, "We think you're great!" with pictures of a football, a goalpost, a helmet, etc., and we made homemade pizza with tons of toppings (pesto and feta being some of our new favorites). We played some football-related games that I can't even remember right now because, really, the best part of the evening was this:



I love how those girls look at their daddy, and I love how he looks at them.

Here's our audience for Raleigh and Madeline's play they put on for us down at my parents' house. It was a smash!


And here's our birthday boy! Love you, Dal! (Better late than never, eh?)

3 comments:

  1. Awesome job, Dallas! I'm seriously impressed! And happy belated birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Dallas, keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that seriously awesome chocolate toffee ganache cake??? You guys look great! Um- so I don't have your phone number to call you back- it's been on my mind alot lately! I'm so confused with what number to call you with and we were on a beach trip the week you called and then I was at girls camp (which I talked about you all the time there!) with Kayla. So, anywho- I'm still barely alive, so let's chat- call me! :) Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete