Thursday, May 10, 2012

Our Cowgirl

When the sad, sad day comes that Choobies grows out of her cowboy boots, I am going to cry.


Hard.


And then I am going to look at these pictures and cry even more.


If she ever grows out of her blankie ("Tankie"), I am going to keep it in a box for safekeeping.


Ah, the sentimentality of motherhood.  We mothers want to hang on to our children as much as we can but at the same time, we want to push them to grow.  That balance that never seems quite right.


I sure love this girl.


Emery and Choobies have become quite the buddies.  We'll say to Emery, "Say 'Kensington'!"  And she'll say, "Choo Choo!"  (Atleast it's not "Doo Doo" anymore.)  While I was working for my quarterly gig at the Apparel Mart a few weekends ago, Dallas did the grocery shopping.  He broke all my healthy rules and bought the most processed food we've seen in these parts since two years ago when I was ravenously hungry (and pregnant).


He bought cheese puffs.  Who seriously eats these things??  Please see my "Question of the Day" post about cheese puffs, and just imagine the healthy-food-lecture I gave to Choobies after she asked me her question.  After indoctrinating her on the virtues of whole grains and the benefits of fiber (yes, she's four), she looked at me sweetly, and asked,

"Mom, can you stop talking?"

And since her voice sounds similar to the girl on Matilda, anything she says pretty much goes.  It was hilarious.


Bubbles are the new thing around here.  Every day it's bubbles, bubbles, bubbles.  Kensington fills and refills her bubbles, and Emery follows her in and out of the house while I call, "DID YOU SHUT THE DOOR??" from wherever I am standing.  Because I never sit.  And I'm usually always in the kitchen.  Not eating all day - no, not that!!  I am cooking and cleaning and doing dishes galore!  Because did I ever mention we don't have a dishwasher?  But in examining the silver lining on that cloud, I've realized that one of the only times I am stationary is when I am doing the two most-dreaded things on my list:

Dishes by hand
and the Laundry

Sorry for the tangent.  Here is the bubble queen:



I have let the girls do bubbles in the shower three times now, and it is probably one of our new favorites.  It's like a giant playpen for four and almost-two-year-olds.  Only there are bubbles!  And they are contained!  But be sure to move your conditioner, or it might end up spread all over your shower ledge, and you will end up with slippery-bum.

And finally, Kensington has discovered Tangoes!!  Every time she plays with these, I swear to myself that she is getting smarter and smarter.


Which of course, she is.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha! Can you stop talking, Dionne?? :) That is so funny.

    ReplyDelete