Saturday, October 6, 2012

Old Stuff

Holy sheesh - it's been forever since I have updated this blog.  I feel like life's busy-ness has increased exponentially these past several months with no sign of slowing down in sight.  No sign of gray hairs yet, though.  Here are some random photos that I may or may not have posted already:

Dallas and the Chooblets cutting into an apple pie I made especially for them.

"Question and Answer Corner" by Raleigh

Emery has no idea there is a sticker on her forehead.  Also by Raleigh.

"Donation Bowls" for all of the things she's dreamed of having . . . such as a farm.  By Raleigh.


My mom and I painted these stripes at the store we work at quarterly for a long weekend.  There's hardly any inventory here because the sales rep brings it with her when she comes into town.

I had an amazing "mentoring" experience this past year with my new favorite girl in our ward, Caroline.  I paired up with a friend to teach her and another cute girl, Victoria, ballet over a period of several weeks.  We performed our dance all together at a combined Relief Society and Young Women activity.  It was an amazing experience.  This is the poster I made to display.

Emery's "spot" by the window at the bottom of the stairs.  It is the perfect place to watch the sun come up, spy on the squirrels and the dog, and to have a little nook for playing with toys (and sisters).

After school oranges
 
Sister Self-Portrait . . . Fingerprints included.

The cutest piggies on our cute little piggie.

Another Kensington self-portrait.

I had a great birthday . . . I went to lunch with friends, received the nicest gifts from friends, and went out with Dallas.  I loved it.

Another statement to the world by Raleigh.  (Who else would it be??!)

"Missing Napkin Hopes to Find Its Home Quickly" . . . also by Raleigh, attached to the fridge.

This note was on the kitchen counter for my mom after she watched the girls while Dallas and I were out: "Dear Grammy, We thank you for your tender grace and generosity.  Love, the Matthews.  (Also by Raleigh).  

I swear, I could do an entire blog on the things Raleigh does every day.  There is something like this waiting for the world to see EVERY DAY.  This girl has pizazz.

This girl is a klutz.  This was so nasty, though . . . mayonnaise!

But she's also a little brain!  Here is Madeline with her poster she made with her group in TAG about castles.

This past week Madeline won "Class President" of her 3rd grade class.  There's a story that deserves its own post.  It's a good one.

Madeline again with her TAG buddies from last year.

When it's too hot outside to blow bubbles, stick 'em in the shower.  (Yes, that is a bottle.  Don't worry - she's off of it!!)

The laughter in the shower echoed through the entire house!

Raleigh sets up dinner . . . hot dogs.

"Peek-OOO!"

Emery's First Trick

Homework

Kensington dressed Emery up like a superhero in her flower belt and thought it was so funny to chase her around when she didn't want to be bothered.  

But things calmed down with a book.  And we've got the classic triceratops hairdo.  I break it out for about one month of our girls' lives when the top hair won't quite fit back with the other hair.  And I think it's so darn cute.


Two girlies in a garden


Emery the bush-woman.  Leaves in the hair . . . by Raleigh, of course!

Choobs in a leotard/tutu combo with a super-stretched-out shirt and cowboy boots.  And now the boots are finally to small . . . sniffle.  They are her signature look. 

Don't mess with Madeline in a swim cap.

Raleigh's cute animal drawings

I think this is Madeline's art project.  Better double-check.

Madeline was P.E. Student of the Month, and she's wearing Dallas' cycling jersey for some kind of Spirit Week theme I can't remember now.  

Madeline during the last week of school with her beloved second grade teacher, Ms. Barksdale.

Rare photos of me and my girls.  I'm usually behind the camera, and this time Dallas had it.

We're at an outdoor piano recital.

And here are the girls with their teacher (and my great friend), Mami Delap.  She is so wonderful!  Her name is pronounced "Mommy," so we always call her by her first and last name so that we don't get confused.  

Mother's Day cuteness on the fridge

Choobies set this up for Emery to play with one morning so that she "wouldn't feel sad.'

Raleigh and I worked on these together for her school Market Day.

She loved these ones.

And that, my friends, is all for tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update, I was going through withdrawals. I'd love to hear the story of Madeline's presidential bid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing all you and your girls are up to! I love you!

    Trina

    ReplyDelete