Thursday, April 30, 2009

Speaking of Dancing

If you LOVED the last post with our amazing dance moves, you probably would like to know WHERE I was trained, right??  (Wrong?)

When I was in Georgia last week, one of the best times I had there was visiting my old stomping grounds at Georgia Academy of Dance.  I even took a class.  After substituting a class in Utah previous to my Georgia trip and doing perfect grande jetes (split leaps) across the floor, I thought I'd have a pretty good class.

Three kids and thirty pounds later, I did okay!  Raleigh and Madeline got to take class with me, too.  Sherri, my teacher, remarked, "I would only do this for you, Dionne!"  She's so great.  I can always feel the love at GAD.  Here we are getting ready for class.  (Notice how I am completely covered head-to-toe in black and am not wearing any horizontal lines.  I had to do what I could!  And the girls wore their swimsuits and warm-ups because we didn't happen to bring leotards on our vacation.)


Raleigh is stretching in the exact same position as I am.  

We had a little "chat" after this picture was taken.

At least my back is still ripped.  I didn't know that about myself.  Hadn't had a reason to see my back muscles.

I love how the girls are keeping up!

After we finished, Raleigh and Madeline both decided that they "for sure want to do ballet."  And Raleigh wants to "wear those shoes with the box on the end of the toes."  I am just excited that they got some real exposure.  (Of course, they haven't seen all the blood and gore underneath those pointe shoes, but I'll just break them in easy.)


Here I am with Sherri, my old teacher, and one of my favorite people in the world!  She pushed me beyond what I ever thought possible, and I love her for it!  (And let's not forget my parents who put down the ca$$$sh.)

And how do you like the self-tanners I've been using?  Not too orangey, eh??  EH??

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I would recognize that bun on your head any day! That was my favorite kind of bun that you used to do. Betcha didn't know that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember you always showing me your feet after dance. It always looked so painful to me. You have always been such a beautiful, graceful dancer. And yes... I too noticed your "ripped back"! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete