Thursday, February 26, 2009

We Go to Stores for Fun Sometimes

The sisters wandering through Cabela's to see the "aminals."  I think Choobs is so lucky to have TWO older sisters!  I always wanted at least ONE.

Raleigh commented, "If I was going to be an aminal, I wouldn't want to be the half-kind," pointing to the mounted trophies on the walls.  Yeah, I bet those guys don't like being the half kind either.
I like Cabela's better than the zoo, I think.  Yeah, I'm pretty positive.  Not a big fan of the zoo.  I can make myself have fun at the zoo, but it's not natural - if you've seen me at the zoo having fun, I am probably bluffing.  But if you've seen me at Cabela's having fun, it's because I am.  If this video would ever finish loading, I would stop rambling.
Here is Kensington enjoying the fish in the stream.  She is such an animal-lover - that's why we went to Cabela's in the first place.  Her reactions are priceless!  She was cute in this video, but the best is when we are in the grocery store and walk past the giant swordfish hanging over the seafood section.  (Which, by the way, is the only time you will see me purposely walk past the seafood section.)  She is in love with that swordfish, screaming and pointing at it the moment it comes into view.

Okay, here is another random thought while I am waiting for my video to load.  (I could be here all night.)  I've been a little grossed out by meat lately.  It kind of comes and goes for me; I'll go through phases of vowing to become a vegetarian, but then we'll drive by a burger joint and my mouth will start watering.  But the whole meat-prep thing really gets to me.  

Whenever I buy meat, I come home and freeze it as fast as I can; I do much better with frozen meat.  Sorry, I hope this isn't too gross.  But do you ever get grossed out by eating a ham sandwich?  I can barely stomach it sometimes!  Wow.  Be glad my video just popped up because this paragraph was about to get really nauseating.  But this is the final question: do you ever see a cow, chicken, or pig, and say, "Wow!  I am hungry!"?  Sick, huh?  And how, exactly, did I get on this subject?  

No, we did not get hungry at Cabela's.

11 comments:

  1. I am so glad I'm not the only one that hates raw meat prep. I was cutting up some chicken last night remembering why I had loved the pre-cooked canned chicken from the cannery. I hate very few things but raw chicken has to be right up at the top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Cabela's is awesome, we need to get down there again. As far as the meat thing it does gross me out sometimes. Every once in a while Mollie will ask where this meat comes from when we are eating and I just say, can we walk about this later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We escaped to Cabela's about a week ago, but the boys were more interested in how they got that plane inside. It monopolized most of the conversation. As far as meat, the boys think it's hilarious to say, "Look, Mom, I'm eating Wilbur" (from Charlotte's Web) when they're eating ham or bacon - it grosses ME out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is FUNNY! You crack me up! Sometimes I can't handle the meat either- especially removing chicken skin (I hardly every buy chicken with the skin on, but sometimes you need drumsticks)---YUCK!!!

    I was thinking about taking Mr B to Cabela's today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fun! I actually have never been to Cabela's. I guess I'm missing out. I'm TOTALLY with you on the meat thing. I've never liked working with raw meat of any kind. I usually don't even like to smell it cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never even heard of this place (which prompted some strange looks from my husband). Looks fun, though...especially judging by Kensington's reactions. And I am SO with you on the meat thing. And sometimes eggs. I have to really not think about it, or I too will go through a "vegetarian" phase.

    ReplyDelete
  7. D.P. I am weird- I like touching slimy raw meat- especially squooshing the hamburger meat through my fingers- ha ha ha hee hee- am I totally grossing you out now!! :) It only bothered me when I was pregnant- so are you? j/k!!!! :) Um- just had to tell you that David Osmond (remember him from EFY) is coming to our stake tomorrow night for a fireside- he was just on American Idol, but got kicked off. Anyway, I'll try to get a picture if possible for old times sakes- I'm sure he remembers us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha ha!! Who could forget us! love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We LOVE Cabelas! Sorry we missed you yesterday. I was in bed sick... again. I know you understand though. We will have to get together again soon. We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. D, I found this blog when (other) D added me on FB. It is hilarious. I'd forgotten how funny you are. And quirky. Very entertaining and your family looks beautiful and happy. Haven't seen you in forever, but enjoyed checking in via CyberSpace! =) Good luck with the 15 by the 15th and Happy B-day next month. I'll be 30, too. Right before you, actually, remember?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete