Monday, March 9, 2009

Green Drink


Howzabouta recipe?

I have tinkered enough with this one that I think I can call it "my own."  The only ingredient you CANNOT mess around with is the La Creme Yogurt.  (I mean, how could you take it out, anyway??  It is bliss.)

Green Drink
(Enough to feed two adults, two children, and one little sprout):
4 cups frozen fruit (I use that 7-Blend from Costco with the peaches and melon, etc.)
Enough Tropicana OJ to fill to the 4-cup line on the blender, usually about 2 cups
1 pkg. La Creme VANILLA Yogurt
1 banana, fresh or frozen
5 leaves kale
Enough spinach to stuff the rest of the blender full of antioxidants and folic acid (about 2 cups)
BLEND!

This drink makes me happy, and Dallas and the girls love it.  Raleigh always asks for "an adult size."  Madeline wasn't too keen on the idea until I gave her the choice: "Do you want a green drink in the morning or a spinach salad at dinnertime?"  GREEN DRINK!

I have also been told that adding cranberries (about 10) tastes great, too.  I think I'll wait until the holidays to find them.  (Just another superfood to make you feel good about yourself!)

Note: Marlo, my friend who introduced me to this, says that when she told her pediatrician about feeding her son this drink each day (and her recipe is a bit different, but with a lot of the same ingredients), the doctor stopped prescribing multivitamins for him.

5 comments:

  1. And I will add that I think it's fantastic as well! Thanks for the introduction. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought stuff to make this. I don't know how Kevin will react when I hand him a green smoothie...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOOOOOVE it. Seriously. I made it tonight and it was heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found out that if you don't add enough spinach, it turns into a brown drink. Not appetizing. I have learned my lesson and will follow your recipe to a T - the boys love it!

    ReplyDelete