Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Say Goodbye to My Virgin Teeth

Yeah.  Four cavities.  The first I've ever had.  Ask Dallas, too.  The first he's ever had.  And he's the rigorous-nightly-twenty-minute-flosser.  I'm the floss-in-front-of-Dallas-twice-a-week-flosser-so-that-he-thinks-I-really-do-care-flosser (and hope he thinks I floss privately the other five days of the week).

When I found out the BAD NEWS last week, I came out to the waiting room to tell Dallas, and he whispered (loudly), "That's because you DON'T FLOSS!"  I was like, "NO!  You should've heard what the dentist just told me!  It's like buying new tires- you buy the top of the line and they still get wear and tear . . . Hey!  They're not BETWEEN my teeth.  They're ON TOP!"  And the look on his face told me that even if the cavities were on TOP of my teeth, they could still have been prevented by MORE flossing.  That's the kind of response you get from an avid flosser.  

Imagine my seeeeeeeecret delight, and YES, I love that boy more than anyone, but imagine my seeeeeeeeeecret delight when Dallas came home from HIS dentist appointment, and he had CAVITIES!!  Yee-HAW.

Between the teeth.

4 comments:

  1. hahahaha I had 5 cavities once. It was not cool. I think cavities are just fine. They build character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was Rikki, btw btw btw btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too funny! I don't think anyone can make it through life without cavities. It's all a matter of time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ma very skeptical of dentists that tell me that after many years and consistent check-ups that I have multiple cavities. I went to one dentist where the cavity list grew from 2 to 4 to 6 between the hygenist, the dentist, and the front desk (6!) when I had never in my life had a cavity. So, I got a second opinion from a dentist recommended by a dental sugeon in the area, and *pouf* I had not a single cavity according to the highly recommended dentist who then made NO money off of my "mystery cavities". Hmmm ... not saying your dentists is a crook, but dentists make money off of cavities, not off of telling you that you have good teeth. Just ruminate on it (pun intended).

    ReplyDelete