Saturday, April 27, 2013

Parenting Tip #1

Here we go.  I'm going to post parenting tips for myself to remember and for our daughters to look back on and save themselves a wholelotta trouble.

This is how we turned a little hellion to our little "heelion".

Parenting Tip #1 at our house is this:
Presentation.

That's it.  Presentation.

In a house full of artists and designers and crafters, we recognize this as our #1 need.

If you can't figure out what to do to motivate a kid after an hour-long temper tantrum with all kinds of threats and consequences, etc., just pull out your highest heels . . . 

(breath deeply . . . )

and watch those teary-eyes become a little more sparkly
and that frowny, sulking face
begin smiling.

Because she sure feels happier to help when she feels cute.

 

It's magic.
And I'm being totally serious.
I wish I knew the heel trick a LONG time ago.
(It works best on Madeline.)

1 comment: