Sunday, July 19, 2009

Bubbles, Road Rash, and Trader Joe Goodness

I'm a big fan of blowing bubbles if I'm not the one doing it.  And tonight for FHE we held one of our favorite balcony activities: Bubble Blowing.  I got to watch!  This is the first time Kensington has blown bubbles for herself.  It was a proud moment.  Look for the bubble beard!






If you watch the video until the end, it shows our view to the East and North.  

In other news Madeline totally biffed it in the parking lot at Trader Joe's on Friday.  She was running in her flip flops, and one of them curled under, and her whole body kind of rolled up onto her face with her entire body in the air except her left cheek.  I saw the whole thing in slow motion (at least it seemed like slow motion) with this look on my face like, "What the . . . ?"  It happened so fast yet so slowly at the same time.  I'm one of those people who just kind of FREEZES when something bad is happening.  I'm pretty much useless in emergencies.

And speaking of emergencies, while we were in Trader Joe's, Raleigh and Kensington had their own little disaster.  I was pushing Choobs in one of those little buggies, and I was looking for a certain cut of meat in the meat section.  (Which, by the way, I always feel a little self-conscious looking at the meat there or using the actual shopping bags provided by the store.  I feel a little carnivorous/anti-green.  Back to the topic at hand.)  So when I looked back to the girls, the shopping cart was in this (again, slow motion) sideways plunge with Raleigh squashed underneath, and two shoppers and one store worker were attempting to catch it while I looked on with another "What the . . . ?" look on my face.  Luckily, the store worker caught the buggy, and Raleigh and Choobs escaped unscathed.  Besides Raleigh's pride, of course.  Poor kid.  But I would like to thank Trader Joe's for the following DREAMY recipe.  It was such a good sample, I bought the ingredients right then and there.


Trader Joe Smoothie Goodness:

1 can light coconut milk (14 oz?)
1 pint mango-tangerine sorbet
1/2 bag frozen mango/blueberry/raspberry blend (1 cup?)

Dump.  Blend.  Share.

5 comments:

  1. Love the new smoothie recipe! Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it all, sorry about the trip Madeline had. It looks like you guys are always having a good time.

    Shayla

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha HOOOOLY cow. I was laughing so hard! Is that bad? I can just picture the whole thing and it's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Madeline and Raleigh......can't wait to have some of that smoothie though! See you on Wednesday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the great pictures and video! You have a great view! It looks like the bubble blowing was fun and we are glad everyone is doing well. We love and miss you all!

    ReplyDelete