Friday, October 16, 2009

Dear Dade,

When will you come visit me?
I miss sharing my personal space with you,

And sitting at this table with you,

Eating Grammy's (Grandy's) Famous Smoothies,

And fighting over Madeline's purse.

I'll let you have it this time.

I need a snuggle,

Or two.

Even though we're far away now, I do enjoy seeing my dad at lunchtime,

Falling asleep on the floor now and then,

And playing with my sisters.

Maybe when you come we can organize some water bottles.

Wouldn't that be fun?

Or we can eat cereal together again,

Just for old times' sake.

We could also eat Combos together. And stuff them in our cheeks,

And suck on them until all the cheese comes out,

And then spit them out when we are done.


Doesn't that sound fun? Please come visit me, Dade!

2 comments:

  1. That was the sweetest post ever! Kenna and Jake are close cousins like that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh SOO CUTE! How I need all three of those little girls! They are growing up way too fast and we miss ALL of YOU GUYS like CRAZY!! My heart just melts to see all of my SWEET & adorable nieces and nephews. We can't wait to see you guys again. It is probably so great that you can all have a lunch break together now! I love when I get to eat lunch with Kyle, it makes my day so much better!

    ReplyDelete