Friday, October 16, 2009

Raleigh & Her Self-Portraits

Virginia Beach, VA

(This isn't a self-portrait, but close enough to look like one. Sort of amphibious-looking.)


Alpharetta, GA

Now is it just me, or has she grown up overnight??? I guess she's had to grow up fast with all of the moving we've been doing. She had a school assignment yesterday where she had to make up riddles for her vocabulary words. Here's what we came up with:

1. What type of fabric softener does the mama tiger use?
Answere: Pounce.

2. How does the sleepy girl sing?
Answere: Monotone. (A little bit of a stretch but all we could think of.)

3. What did the car put on when he got dressed in the morning?
Answer: Attire.

4. What did the Great Dane call her tea party?
Answer: Dainty.

5. Where did the singer learn how to ask questions?
Answer: Inquire.

The last word was "clench," and I could not, for the life of me, come up with anything. When Dallas came home, he listened to all of the others and then came up with this:

6. How did the teeth win the talking race?
Answer: They clenched it!

Yay for Dallas! And for Raleigh! And second-grade homework! And cheesy humor! It's the best.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goooosh, I'm laughing my face off! I just read all of these 3 posts and I'm seriously cracking up. I miss you guuyyyyssss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your posts and pictures. The girls are looking grown up and beautiful. It is so fun to see what everyone has been up to. It looks like all of you have been very busy having fun.

    We love and miss all of you!

    ReplyDelete