Friday, October 16, 2009

Miss Middle

After re-discovering the dress-ups on moving day, Madeline (the bride, wearing her "reading glasses") put on an impromptu story time for Chooberella, who got to participate in dress-ups for the first time in her little life.

Poor Miss Madeline, though. She has been a little accident-prone since we've been here. While taking her first shower in the "Girl's Bathroom" (and very girly it is), we heard a loud crash, and Madeline was covered in shower curtain with a pole on top. Not two days later, I walked past the other bathroom where Dallas and the girls were talking. Madeline was sitting on the edge of the bathtub, and I saw her, (IN SLOW MOTION), fall backwards into the tub with the whole shower curtain and pole falling in on top of her. She lay there kicking her legs, laughing and screaming, (while we were laughing and screaming), and we rushed to find her upper body and head somewhere in the jumble. The entire family saw it. It was a legendary moment for all of us.

But honestly, what are the chances of bringing down TWO shower curtains in THREE days? She's a legend. But it doesn't stop there.

I am reupholstering our kitchen chairs, and this accident happened:
I made her stay there until I could get a picture. (She was "a little sore because Mom made me stay there until she got a picture.")

Okay, wow, and then look at this mess:

All I'm saying is that it was DALLAS and the FILE BOX who caused this bit of trouble. Madeline escaped unscathed, minus her pride. If she had any left after a week's worth of accidents. I'm sorry to say that she is just like her mother in this department. Now where did I get it from???

No comments:

Post a Comment