Friday, January 30, 2009

Bored?

We've been a little bored lately.  The van is in the shop (going on the 4th week in a row now), so the girls and I are left without a car while Dallas is at work.  And that has left us with less places to go.  So we've gotten CRAFTY.  (The Beastie Boys song is in my head now.)  Pictured above is one of those whatchamacallits that we used to make in elementary school.  Remember those?  I thought I'd pass down some of my childhood to the girls.  They had fun making their own.  And we made sure that the fortunes written on the inside were all nice compliments.  The best one was: "You have a nice nose."

Too bad these little stars are not chocolates because they're not.  They're homemade crayons.  Madeline and I spent the afternoon peeling crayon labels off of broken crayons.  Then we sorted them by color, melted the wax down, and poured them into candy molds to make NEW crayons.  We are using them for the girls' school Valentines in a couple of weeks.  These were a lot of fun to make, despite shattering two glasses and overheating the microwave (never knew that was possible.)  Luckily, the microwave revived itself.  

1 comment: