Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Little Camera Trick from Dionne

Okay, I found this little camera trick online somewhere, tried it out myself, and now that I know it works, I am sharing it with you!  We just got a new camera recently and one of the features that we love is the optional flash.  No technicalities involved- just pop it up, or snap it down, depending on your preference.  I usually always leave it down because the image quality from the natural lighting is so much better.  But that's not my tip.  (Unless you found that useful.)

So here's my little tutorial:
This is how Kensington looked when I was sitting beneath her looking out the window.  (You gotta love the no-pants-long-socks-look!  I love having a third child because I never care if she has a "complete look" about her, and these half-done outfits are just scrumptious, in my opinion.  Except when we go out, of course.  Back off tangent.)

THIS (below) is what the camera wants to say I was looking at.  NOT SO.  So how do I capture the good lighting when the direct sunlight is blaring right in through the window and wants to darken my subject??  (Here comes the fun part!)  

1. Point your camera AWAY from your subject (and the window) on a nearby object that is not being GLARED upon- like your pants, or in this case, the couch.
2. Hold the button down halfway, as if you are focusing the picture.
3. Keep your finger held halfway down, and then point it back at your subject.  DO NOT LET GO!!
4. Push the button all the way down.  
5. SNAPSHOT!!
Voila!!  I find that extraordinarily helpful.  I hope you do, too.

2 comments:

  1. Way cool hint - I am going to try it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks!

    And p.s. you are so charming. And so is your family. I miss you guys.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete