Monday, June 1, 2009

Oh My Wordy . . .

Can you believe it??  He's 30!!  The dreaded birthday!  I think he's just a young buck, though.  Dallas ordered a great birthday menu: We had manicotti (Rikki's mother-in-law's recipe) with focaccia w/gruyere from Trader Joe's.  And for dessert Dallas requested homemade cheesecake with strawberries.  I'll post the recipe sometime; it is quite possibly the best thing I make.

We had a scavenger hunt for all of his presents (the girls love that part), and his two favorite gifts were a basketball hoop and lots of well-wishes from his friends and family that I put together.  Oh, and he LOVED his Lindt white chocolate truffles.  I will enjoy them, too!  

I just love this guy.

Madeline's Poster

Raleigh's Poster

The basketball hoop "just like Chris's" that he's been eyeing

Dallas wearing his birthday decorations made by the girls.

Raleigh's portrait of mom and dad. 


Dallas with his surprise cookie cake.



7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday DALLAS. I love all the gifts and cut out you are wearing. I wish I could be there to play basketball with you on your new hoop. (I was just wounding how much you are going to sell it to me for in about a year?) ha ha..(Only Dallas will understand that). Love you all!

    Shayla. (It says ComedySportz because I'm at work)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30? There is life after 30, I promise! Happy Birthday! Glad to see that you guys are back on the east coast and adjusting nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y Dal!!

    The Big 30, you old, old man (hahaha jk, Kyle 30th is coming up right behind you)! We love you and hope you've had a WONDERFUL Birthday!!

    -Kyle & Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! We can't believe it has been 30 years since you were born. You have beautiful family and we can tell they made this a special birthday.

    Enjoy your birthday!

    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like an awesome birthday. You will survive 30 Dallas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Dallas! We hope you had a great one!

    Love,
    The Liwanag Family

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Dallas! 30 is not so bad....35 was much harder. :) It looks like it was a great one.

    ReplyDelete