Wednesday, June 24, 2009

General Boredom

When Miss Nancy and the Honda were taking turns being fixed, we girls had to find some things to do at home to cure the general boredom we were feeling.  Madeline and Kensington did a yoga video:


Madeline made a little paper creation.  This took hours.  And a little help from me.  And then I made her put it in her room instead of out in the kitchen.  And then Choobs got into it.  And then it ended up in the trash.



Kensington looking at her long-lost friends . . . sniffle . . .

Madeline decided that she wants to wear this to prom someday because it is "the most beautifulest dress ever," and she is going to "wear a shirt under it."

Here's a picture of Dallas and the girls on Father's Day:
It's the classic not-so-great-picture.  Dallas is wearing the M&M bowtie(s) that the girls gave to him after Primary.  Madeline hit her face on something right before this picture and didn't recover in time to give a smile.  Raleigh is chewing on the gumball she got after church from the bishop's office.  

Since I thought Father's Day was two Sundays ago, we celebrated it twice.  (But that's how much we love Dallas!!)  So last Sunday we showered him with homemade art projects, cards, and candy, and we made a big dinner and then went to East Beach.  This past Sunday, we made cupcake hamburgers.  They were ideally supposed to look like this, but this is how they turned out:

Yummy!!  

Dallas had a little surprise for us, too: Ben & Jerry's ice cream for each of us.  I think this was Choobs' first Ben & Jerry's.  She loved it!





This is Kensington doing the sign for "cold":

Madeline and I take a picture of each other:
Raleigh and I take a picture of each other:

Today we clipped coupons together.  I have never been a big "coupon"-er, but I think I will start trying to be since grocery stores here have double-coupon days.  Could this post get any more boring?  That's what I'm talking about - general boredom.  I mean, I'm posting about clipping coupons!!  It was actually really fun, though, because the girls did this with me for TWO HOURS while Kensington was sleeping, and they made newspapers out of all of their pictures.  It was very cute.

Last, but not least, here is Kensington saying, "CHEESE!"  She always squints her eyes now if you take her picture.  Tonight, because of a lack of clean pajamas, Dallas dressed her in her Japanese kimono shirt and bloomers.  She loved it and had to show e-v-e-r-y-body.



6 comments:

  1. I just laughed/cried because I miss you guys SO much!! The girls are looking so much older already. All of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And THAT's where my pink polka dotted headband went! I couldn't figure out where I put it or who I gave it to. It all makes sense now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe how much Kensington has changed already - she is growing up and her hair is getting SOOO long! We miss you guys so much! The boys have definitely been BORED the past week or so, there's been a lot of rain! Thanks for the inspiration on how to spend our time! (We just wish we could spend it with all of YOU! I keep checking my emails for flight deals out there. . .) Oh, and a sidenote - I love all the stories about Ms. Nancy. I giggle through the entire post and then try to tell Peter and can't even get it out. Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the cupcakes! They turned out great! When you get done cutting out coupons, send your girls over to my house to cut out mine! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dionne, you are such a fun Mom! Your girls are growing up way to fast. We miss You!
    Love, Pat

    ReplyDelete