Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Miss Nancy Continued

Remember this fun post??  Ahh, yes.  Well, Miss Nancy has been back in the shop to get her brakes fixed (please remember her in your prayers.)  And we (and the entire crew at Big Al's Muffler and Brakes) had a good laugh about this conversation:

Car Guy calls Dallas: "We've looked at your van, and blah blah blah . . ."
Dallas: "Okay, blah blah blah . . ."
Car Guy: "And we think you should get a patent on that thing you've got on your windshield wiper."
Dallas:  Hilarious burst of uncontrollable laughter.  (I was there.  I heard it.)  "Well, my friend . . ." (how do you explain that thing anyway??)
Then I realized that Dallas has been driving around with that thing still on the wipers.  The guys at the shop must've had a good laugh about it.

And today when we went to go pick up the van, the Honda wouldn't start.  We're on the verge of greatness, I tell you!

4 comments:

  1. Man. I LOVE car troubles. My car just died in the ghetto the other day when Nathan's sister and brother-in-law were here visiting. They were NOT impressed and didn't seem to think it was as fun of an adventure as we did. I really wish you had a video/picture of the wiper contraption.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told Derick about Miss Nancy and all of her new adventures and he got a good laugh about it... but he feels that if Dallas gets stressed out about car problems and $ like he does then he doesn't know how Dallas is dealing with it all.

    I guess that is when laughter comes in, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We think we're being humbled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dionne, I was gut laughing at the previous miss nancy post, and later I could hardly recount the experience to Sean I was laughing so hard then as well... seriously- that one goes in the books. I've been looking for it on you tube...

    ReplyDelete