Saturday, June 6, 2009

Our Day at the Beach

Dallas picked up some work today building a deck for some people with oceanfront property, so the girls and I were invited to come over and play on the beach in front of the house.  It was SO close to our house - maybe 10 minutes away.  I'm not sure of the official name of the beach, but it was on the North shore of Virginia Beach.  

This one had a lot of seaweed, and the girls were deathly afraid of it at first until I told them it was "just grass - every ocean has grass, didn't'cha know that?"  And I showed them how it looks much prettier floating in the water than it does washed up and dead-looking on the sand.  They were mostly satisfied with that.  

It was only about 70 degrees today (much cooler than normal), and we were a little chilly with the wind blowing.  The water was a little cold without being icy, so we spent most of our time playing in the sand.  

The greatest part about being so close to the beach is that if it IS a little cold, and your third-born decides to get a little tired and grouchy, you can just pack up and go home without feeling like you missed out on your day at the beach.  It's like going to the park or something - you can come back anytime!  

We just keep our sand toys in the trunk of the car now, and I always have our pool/beach bag packed with the basics so we can just go whenever we want!  Funny how we never just "up and went" to the mountains back in Utah when we were just minutes away from American Fork canyon.  Oh yeah, it's because I get carsick. 

I love how all three girls are in on this sand creation.  And they all have important business.


Look at the succession of these next three pictures.  Notice Kensington.



Let's just say she had a body and face full of sand, and she was NOT happy about it!  (And WHERE was her MOTHER during this episode???)

That ladder was the coolest.  

I want to go on it again.

3 comments:

  1. Did you get pictures done? The ones you put on the right? I LOVE them!! Post those pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So....it's kinda hard to tell Madeline and Raleigh apart in these pics, but I think Hazel and Madeline have the same swimsuit. The flowered one with the green ruffle at the top. Just because you really needed to know that. I can't believe you guys were on the beach in 70 degrees....in swimsuits! That is super chilly sweatshirt weather on Venice Beach.

    And I LOVE those pics on your sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like the girls were having a great time! I bet it is fun to be so close to the beach.

    I really like the new pictures on the right too, did you take those?

    ReplyDelete