Monday, June 15, 2009

East Beach - The Hidden Gem of Norfolk

That title is not as cheesy as it is TRUE.  Dallas and I want to live here permanently now, but only if we can live in this subdivision right on the waterfront of the Chesapeake Bay.  For lack of better verbiage, it is RAD!
This is where we park.  
This is the entrance to the beach.  
This would make a cool postcard.  Notice the perfect sand.  (Not white sand like Destin, FL, but who's comparing??)
We walked to the end of the beach where these rocks line an inlet housing a marina and seafood restaurant.  I told Dallas, "I wish I liked seafood!"
We couldn't get Choobs to hop down and walk onto the sand until this cute little guy came up and wanted to play with her.  Isn't it a cute dog?  Side note- I want a bulldog someday.  Cute dogs are cute, but UUUGLY dogs are even cuter!
Once she ventured down onto the ground, she had a blast sifting through (and burying) all of the rocks and seashells Raleigh and Madeline collected.
Ah, sailboats.
I'm so glad to see that Choobs squints her eyes in true Purdy fashion (where the sides kind of point downward).
Dallas and Kensington watch the planes take off from the Little Creek Naval Base.
As Dallas would say, "Yeah, baby!"
We're walking back to our car.
Cool little fence.

Anybody want to come visit?  It's more fun with company!

Madeline and Choobers after their baths - we had to wash all of the sand off.

6 comments:

  1. We want to come visit! It looks like you are having a great time!

    Ray says "Thanks for the adorable card!"

    Love,

    Ray and Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to come and visit. I love that part of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That place looks like heaven!!!!! Where are you guys again? Virginia? That's kind of far from Arizona. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! If I ever make it back there you will have to take me for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, let's all just go right now.

    ReplyDelete